When parking lots don’t have visible lines, customers have no structure or guidance for knowing where to park. People will end up parking in places that block intersections, access to sidewalks, business entrances, exits and more. That’s why it’s important to strip and restripe parking lots as needed. Many accidents and towing issues can be avoided by simply having a fresh line striping. Plus, it gives your customers a good impressions. Here are a few things you should consider about parking lot striping.
- Striping is not just for aesthetics, but also ensures better safety in your parking lot.
- Fresh asphalt or sealer needs a water-borne coating before being striped. Concrete substrates also require chlorinated rubber paint for optimal striping adherence.
- Fast setting acrylic waterborne paint is typically the best for restriping, but it must be applied at a temperature above 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Applying two thin coats is better than one thick one. Too much acrylic latex paint may damage the pavement after the paint film shrinks.
- Striping paint is applies with airless striping machine with a minimum of 13 mil wet film thickness. This ensures the highest quality markings.
- Although striping usually dried within 30 minutes, you should give the pavement at least an hour before letting traffic on again.
- You should restripe your parking lot at least every two years or when the previous coating has been reduced to 75% of its original appearance.
- Make sure your parking lot striping complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. Properties need to contain a minimum amount of accessible stalls depending on the size of the parking lot. If you aren’t meeting these requirements, reconfigure the number of spaces with new strips or by repainting old stripes.
Asphalt Paving from Testa Paving
If you are in the need of professional asphalt pavement services, Testa Paving Inc. is here to help! For over 35 years, Testa Paving Inc. has been a driving force within the industry and has been serving the areas of Maryland and northern Virginia.
Interested in one of the services offered by Testa Paving Inc.? Call us today at 301-663-5861 or visit our contact page. Be sure to click “Like” or “Follow” on our official Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter pages today! 1